Thursday, August 25, 2011

Snacking It Smart

So as some may know, Lisa and I are both teachers and it's that sad time when we go back to school. Over the summer I was able to explore the tasty world of GF snacks. Now I love eating fruit or hummus or veggies with dip any day. Sometimes, though, I need a change up. Not only that, but I like to have something that I can just grab and nibble on. Here are some tasty treats that I came up with.

  • KIND bars are super good with a ton of variety. They have flavors like Almond and Coconut to Walnut and Date to Fruit and Nut. Yes, these bars have nuts in them, so nut allergy friends stay away! They are gluten and dairy free. They can be found at Wegmans in single bar packs or in bulk. If you visit their website, you can buy variety packs. http://www.kindsnacks.com/health-benefits/gluten-free-bars
  • Garden of Eatin makes awesome tortilla chips. I prefer the blue corn chips. Please be careful for they do make a "Wholesome" type of chip which DOES contain gluten. I made the mistake of eating those once....not a good idea. That little experience reminds me now to try to check, double check, and triple check labels.
  • Wegman's Fruit Flats come in a few different flavors and are made with fruit juice and fruit. These little bars have a serving of fruit in each. They are nice when you need something to eat really quick or when you're surrounded by food that you cannot have. I try to keep one in my purse just in case I need it. They are not too pricey either.
  • A classic snack that you can have is Cracker Jack! Frito-Lay's website has these little bundles of sweet joy labeled as gluten free! Hooray! Great for when you have a slight sweet tooth mid afternoon.
  • I like to munch on Glutino pretzels with peanut butter. I just put a little bit of smooth peanut butter in a plastic dish with a lid and bring that with me for a quick snack. Sometimes it's a part of my lunch. I love it!
What do you enjoy snacking on? Please let us know! We love ideas!

Munch on!
-Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Great snack suggestions Mandy!! I also love Snyders's GF pretzel sticks. They just came out in stores a few months ago, and taste exactly like "regular" pretzels.

    ReplyDelete